Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Amused

I am so amused at the kind of replies I am getting from people on one of my very favourite peices of work. This post featured on this site a few weeks back called "Can't Freinds Fall In Love?"

While I am indeed indebted to a number of people who have posted comments and in fact spoken to me in some way or the other. As a writer, appreciation and feedback, both are of immense importance for motivation of better work, yet nonetheless, in this case, I seem to have been very surprised and amused and in fact disheartened after the things I read and heard in response from people.

What did sadden me was that, a literary peice of work, purely fictional and yet written in first person, solely with the point of making the work of art more effective and so that it brings out clearly the idea that is wrapped delicately in the coating of words.

Nonetheless when readers correspondingly used their analytical skills to draw inferences to my personal life, and think they know me so well and tell me with conviction that they could some how sense and comment on my personal life, it has really hurt me and correspondingly, the same blog has been removed.

I do take this as infringement of privacy although technically speaking, one may contradict me saying that publishing a blog in itself is not something that can be called as PERSONAL.Consequently, my reply would be that any publication on the blog doesn't give the right to irrational inferences and further rumours and useless assumptions.

I am afraid this indeed turned out to be a very bitter expereince, nonetheless purely for my assumption that rational people interested in reading good literary peices of work are actually appreciating my work.While I sincerely thank all readers for reading my article and appreciating the work as a classic, yet I also regret that a few people with cheap mentality who take a kick and thrill by senseless correlations are also my readers.

While I can't restrict me readership to people of unsound mind and uncanny charecter, yet nonetheless, I continue to write unperturbed without any moderate incidents affecting me, and considering this episode as a hazard that people have to face in their professional lives, I only smile and continue writing, cos that is what I love and irrespective of such mediocre incidents, I continue walking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey pinki

saw ur blog for a couple of times and indeed found it filled with words of resonance. There are some irrational ppl on earth for whom life is unidirectional so dont get bugged with their responses; afterall they r not critques. Keep the good stuff up and going. Also, try to add some humour in what u write. Chal tc

kamran